Sunday, June 23, 2013

Current Status of T. Ryx Staff

As of the Fall of 2012, Hoppy is "Semi-Retired" from the shop!  What does that mean?  Well, I wish it meant that I didn't have to work any more.  But until Jeremiah (my son, our Shop Manager/main salesman), Matt (our dedicated Trike Mechanic and salesman), and John (our dedicated Bike mechanic and salesman) are completely up to speed on all the recumbent trikes we sell, I still have to work here.  They're catching up quickly, and in most cases they don't need me here getting in their way.  But when they can't answer a specific question or just need my expertise, I'm available.   I'm scheduled to be here on Sundays from 11:00 AM til 3:00 PM, but I'm "on-call" during business hours any other day and time.  Notable exceptions are often Saturdays when we've got a group ride scheduled, and days when I'm out of town.

As mechanics, Matt and John are both experts.  Matt's focus is on Trikes, but he's also a top bike mechanic.  When bike jobs are more than John can handle, Matt steps in.  John's focus is on Bikes, but he's also a top trike mechanic.  When Matt needs some help keeping up, John is here to help.  Jeremiah, while spending most of his time running the shop, paying bills, ordering merchandise, and overall bookkeeping, is also a top mechanic.  In fact, he has trained some of our mechanics over the years.

Matt is normally scheduled to work every day except Wednesdays and Thursdays.  He sometimes works other days as well.

John is generally here on Wednesdays and Thursdays, depending on his class schedule at College.

Jeremiah is our Shop Manager, Gravity MTB Team Manager, and Bike Guru.  As such, he's typically at the shop Monday's through Saturdays, but sometimes comes in on Sundays, too.  During the racing season, he may be out of town for anywhere from a couple of days to a few weeks per month.  He's also our main POC for recumbent trikes now.

All-in-all, our staff represents the best in the field of cycling.  If there's anything you need and we don't have it now, we can normally get it quickly.  If it pertains to bicycles (any kind) or recumbent trikes, T. Ryx and Bike Vault are, together, your go-to shop.  We're big enough to handle anything, but small enough to treat you like family.

1 comment:

Perling Reynolds III said...

I was in this last friday 1-31-14 to hopefully check out some trikes for the first time ever. Knowing the somewhat scarce supply of shops having trikes I was pleasantly surprised to see a nice set of most all brands represented.
Matt helped me out and he was so cool and easy to talk with. I'm sure he answers the same questions week in and week out, and I never got the impression he had anything but time for me. Then he asked if I'd like to try one - Excellent! Hell Yeah!
Eventually I tried three different brands and got a really good feel for different varieties.
Such a great experience and much appreciated. I will be back to purchase from these guys because they do it right. Great shop, nice staff.
Thanx Matt!
--LD